- TOTAL FAT
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Cellentani
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, cut into ½ inch pieces on a diagonal and blanched
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup prosciutto, julienne
- 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- Bring 2 pots of salted water to a boil.
- In one pot, cook pasta according to package directions. In the other pot, add the asparagus to boiling water, ensuring that they are fully submerged in the water. Blanch for 1 minute.
- In a large skillet, sauté garlic with olive oil for 1 minute. Add prosciutto and sauté on medium heat until crispy, but not burnt.
- Add crushed tomatoes to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Add in blanched asparagus and cook for another minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain and toss pasta with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.