Barilla® Cellentani with San Marzano Tomatoes, Vidalia Onions
Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto & Grana Pandano Cheese
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Cellentani
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, large
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups San Marzano (plum) tomatoes, canned
- 2 tablespoons Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto
- 1 cup Grana Padano cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, cook onions on medium heat, in olive oil, for a few minutes.
- Add chopped garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and simmer for two minutes.
- Boil a pot of water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- When pasta is ready, toss with the prepared sauce. Top with pesto and cheese before serving.