with Tuscan Ragout
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Cellentani
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, finely chopped;1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 ounces pancetta, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 jar Barilla® Tuscan Herb sauce*
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, shredded
- * 1 jar Barilla® Marinara sauce can be substituted for Barilla® Tuscan Herb sauce.
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté veggies and pancetta in olive oil for 7-8 minutes.
3Add meat and sauté for 7-8 minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked.
4Add Tuscan Herb sauce* and 1 jar of water, bring to a simmer, season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced.
5Cook pasta according to package directions.
6Drain pasta and toss with the sauce.
7Stir in cheese before serving.