Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Rotini
- 1 jar Barilla® Marinara sauce
- ¾ cup dry red lentils
- 4 teaspoons dried curry powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- In a large pot bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste, and Rotini; stir gently.
- Cook pasta for 2 minutes. Add lentils and cook 5 minutes more. Lentils should be tender, but not too soft; drain; reserving 1 cup pasta cooking water. Set aside and keep warm.
- In same large pot over medium heat, cook curry powder and ginger in hot olive oil for 1 minute. Add Marinara sauce and heat until warmed through. If needed, stir in up to 1 cup reserved pasta cooking water to reach desired consistency.
- Add the cooked pasta and spinach to the Marinara sauce mixture; stir gently to combine.
- Customize it: Add a Mediterranean finish by serving this dish with a mixture of 1 cup plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, 1 teaspoon lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander. Garnish with lime peel.