Chicken & Spinach Soup with Pesto
and Barilla® Ditalini
Ingredients for 8 people
- ½ box Barilla® Ditalini
- 1 jar Barilla® Traditional Basil Pesto
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 10-ounce package baby spinach
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1In a large 4-6 quart stock pot, gently cook onion and carrot in olive oil for 4-5 minutes over medium heat until the onions are slightly opaque.
2Add chicken then season with salt and pepper; cook for 5 minutes until slightly browned.
3Add broth and bring to a simmer.
4Add pasta and cook for 5 minutes. Remove soup from the heat and stir in tomatoes and spinach. Let soup rest for 30 minutes before serving.
5Ladle the soup into a bowl, top with pesto and enjoy!