- Total Fat
Ingredients for 6 people
- ¼ box Barilla® Ditalini
- 2 quarts water
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large, onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, combine the water, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, bay leaf, and chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken is tender and falling apart.
- Remove the chicken from the soup and let it cool down. When the chicken is cool, shred then add it back to the soup.
- Remove the bay leaf and add the spinach, cherry tomatoes and pasta then stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper and cover. Cook pasta for approximately 35-40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls, top with some grated cheese and a drizzle of fresh olive oil.