Barilla® Ditalini Vegetable Soup
Ingredients for 4 people
- ½ Box Barilla® Ditalini
- 1 Jar Barilla® Tomato & Basil sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Onion Chopped
- 1 Cup Celery Chopped
- 1 Cup Carrot Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 Cups Cabbage Sliced Thin
- 1 Cup Zucchini Chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh Peas
- Black Pepper Salt Freshly Ground
- 64 Ounces Vegetable Stock
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 15 Ounces Cannellini Beans Canned Drained
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil Chopped
- ¾ Cup Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese Grated
1Bring vegetable broth to a boil.
2Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3Add celery, carrots, and garlic; saute for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender.
Add to vegetable broth Add beans, cabbage, zucchini, sauce, onion, broccoli, peas, and bay leaf to broth. Cover and cook 30-35 minutes.
5Add Ditalini and cook 3 minutes less than the lowest recommended cooking time.
6Season with salt and pepper to taste and add parsley and basil.
7Let sit for 30 minutes, add Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese before eating.