Ingredients 4 Servings
Ingredients for 4 people
- ½ box Barilla® Ditalini pasta
- ½ jar Barilla® Marinara sauce
- 1 cup ripe plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4 basil leaves, cut julienne
- Optional when baked: 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded; 4 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. (Optional: If baking, preheat oven to 375° F.)
- Meanwhile in a skillet, sauté capers and olives in the olive oil for about one minute; add marinara sauce and tomatoes; bring to boil.
- Cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions and drain.
- Toss pasta with marinara sauce mixture and fresh basil, cool and serve.
- OPTIONAL BAKING: Stir in mozzarella and pour into a baking dish. Top with Panko. Bake in the oven until Panko is golden crispy and mozzarella is melted, about 10 minutes.