Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Elbows
- 1 jar Barilla® Tuscan Herb sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1½ cup fontina cheese, shredded
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta ½ of the cooking time.
- Drain pasta and toss with olive oil and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet sauté garlic in remaining olive oil for 1-2 minutes or until slightly yellow in color.
- Add Barilla Tuscan Herb sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add heavy cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a 13" x 9" casserole dish combine the pasta with the sauce and fold in the Parmigiano cheese.
- Top with Fontina cheese and bake at 375 °F for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.