- TOTAL FAT
- TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Penne pasta
- 1 jar Barilla® Traditional sauce
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4-ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cilantro leaves
- In a large pot bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the Penne; stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine Traditional sauce with jalapeño, chopped cilantro, and cumin. Spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture onto the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Stir the black beans and the remaining mixture sauce into the pasta; pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until warmed through.
- Uncover and top with olives and cheese; bake 5 minutes more. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with tortilla chips and green onions before serving.
- Garnish with additional cilantro leaves.
- Customize it: Try pinto beans instead of black, or queso fresco instead of cheddar, and customize this casserole to your family’s preferences.