Barilla® Farfalle “Carbonara”
with Roasted Red Peppers & Vidalia Onions
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Farfalle
- 2 roasted red peppers, julienne
- 1 large Vidalia onion, julienne
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons Romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
1*Roast the red peppers: cook on open flame until charred on all sides. Place in a sealed container for 15 minutes, then remove skin and seeds.
2Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
3Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté onion with olive oil over medium heat until slightly caramelized, about 10 minutes.
4In a bowl, mix yolks and cheeses, season with salt and pepper.
5Cook pasta according to package directions, drain reserving 1/4 cup cooking water and toss with onions and peppers.
6Turn off heat and add yolks mixture with a bit of cooking water, mix well making sure pasta is coated but eggs are not scrambled.
7Garnish with parsley before serving.