Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Farfalle
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
- 1 cup Prosciutto, Julienne
- 1 cup Shallot, Chopped
- 5 cups Butternut Squash, Diced
- 1 sprig Fresh Sage
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, Grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small skillet. Add prosciutto and sauté until crispy. Set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet. Add shallots and sage; sauté until translucent. Add butternut squash and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Add broth. Simmer until the squash is tender. Discard sage sprig.
- Process 1/3 of the sauce in a blender until smooth. Combine with the remaining sauce mixture.
- Cook Farfalle according to package directions. Drain and toss pasta with sauce. Stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with crispy prosciutto and serve.