Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Farfalle
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 red onions, julienne
- 16 ounces crushed tomatoes canned
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions and sauté gently for about 10 minutes.
- Add the crushed, peeled tomatoes and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Toss pasta with the sauce and thyme for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmigiano cheese and serve immediately.