Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Farfalle
- 1/4 cup fava bean (may substitute lima beans)
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup asparagus, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh green beans, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomato, halved
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (may substitute vegetable stock)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Shell and clean the fava beans or use frozen lima beans.
- Place a large saucepan filled with salted water over high heat. When water boils, stir in the fava beans or lima beans, broccoli, asparagus and green beans. Blanch for 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl of cold water for 1 minute to stop the cooking process. Drain vegetables and reserve.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet placed over medium heat. Add onion and garlic to skillet. Cook and stir until garlic is just golden.
- Add drained green vegetables, tomatoes, broth and basil to onion mixture. Stir and cook over low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook Farfalle according to package directions.
- Drain and toss with sauce and grated cheese.
- Place in a serving dish and sprinkle with additional grated cheese if desired.