Barilla® Fettuccine with Pesto, Arugula, Butternut Squash & Asiago Cheese
Your favorite fettuccine tossed with fresh arugula, butternut squash, asiago cheese and delicious basil pesto for a seasonal spin on pasta night.
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Fettuccine
- 1 jar Barilla® Basil Pesto
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups butternut squash, small diced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cups baby arugula
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Asiago cheese, shaved
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
2Meanwhile, in a large skillet sauté squash in olive oil for 3-4 minutes or until slightly browned. Add broth and cook the squash until soft.
3In a large bowl, add pesto and ½ cup of the pasta cooking water then stir to combine.
4Drain pasta and combine with the sauce then fold in the arugula, squash and garnish with cheese.