Ingredients 8 Servings
Ingredients for 8 people:
- 1 box Barilla® Fettuccine
- 1 jar Barilla® Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, small diced
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- ½ cup fresh basil, sliced thin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
In a large skillet sauté shallots with half the olive oil for a few minutes or until slightly browned.
Add eggplant and bell pepper then sauté for 5 minutes.
Add garlic sauce and water bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine ricotta, remaining olive oil and the Parmigiano cheese then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Drain pasta and combine with the sauce.
Top with dollops of ricotta mixture and garnish with fresh basil.