- Total Fat
- Total carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Fideo Cut Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme chopped
- 3 cans chickpeas
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 1 can (14 oz) chopped tomatoes
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chiffonade
In a large pot, sauté chopped onions and thyme in olive oil until translucent, about five minutes
- Add chopped garlic, cook additional two minutes
- Stir in chickpeas (reserve 1 cup of chickpeas for garnish), broth, and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for ten minutes.
- In batches, process the soup in a blender until very smooth.
- Add mixture to pot.
- Add the reserved chickpeas and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for half of the recommended cooking time on the box.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- Before serving, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with parsley.