Greek Chicken Pasta Salad with Gemelli & Kalamata OlivesSavor the sweet, savory, salty goodness of this Greek pasta salad recipe! The key ingredients which make this chicken pasta salad so Greek are the Kalamata olives, lemon juice, and feta cheese. These classically Greek ingredients are brought together with twisted gemelli pasta for a true fusion pasta experience. There's quite a bit of dicing and slicing, but we promise this Greek pasta salad recipe feeds a larger crowd sensible portions and the flavor is out of this world.
- Total fat
- total carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Gemelli
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red onion, sliced thin
- 1 hot house cucumber, diced
- 1 cup Kalamata olives diced (may substitute black olives)
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup Feta cheese
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook gemelli pasta one minute less than required, drain and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place on sheet tray to cool down.
- In a bowl, season chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sear the chicken, once cooked through remove from the skillet and cool down.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and toss Greek pasta salad well, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with slices of chicken.