Barilla® Gemelli with Cabbage & Oven Roasted Pork Ribs
Indulge in old-fashioned comfort food -- Gemelli pasta cooked right with cabbage, tender oven-roasted pork ribs and pinches of garlic and rosemary for savory seasoning.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 BOX Barilla® Gemelli
- 1 POUND pork ribs
- 4 CLOVES garlic, divided, minced
- 1 SPRIG fresh rosemary
- 4 TABLESPOONS Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 3 CUPS cabbage, sliced thin
- ½ CUP dry white wine
- 1 CUP chicken broth
- 1 TABLESPOON butter
- ½ CUP Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- MARINATE pork ribs overnight with 3 of the minced garlic cloves, rosemary, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and black pepper, to taste.
- BRING a large pot of water to a boil.
- PLACE ribs in a shallow roasting pan, cover with aluminum foil, and bake in a 425° F oven for 20 minutes; remove from oven, add wine, and bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
- COOK pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, SAUTÉ in a medium skillet the remaining garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until garlic turns slightly golden in color.
- ADD cabbage, chicken broth, salt, and pepper to taste; simmer until the cabbage is tender and thoroughly cooked.
- REMOVE meat from the ribs and add to the sauce.
- DRAIN pasta and toss with the sauce. Top with butter and cheese before serving.