with Grilled Cherry Tomatoes, Fresh Ricotta & Basil Oil
- 0 g
- Total Fat
- Total Carbs
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Gemelli
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup fresh low-fat ricotta cheese
- 8 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Make basil oil by blanching basil leaves in boiling salted water for 5 seconds and submerging immediately in ice water.
- Dry with paper towels and place basil in blender with olive oil. Blend and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
- In large mixing bowl toss tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat for one minute or until extremely hot, add tomatoes and cook until they begin to get slightly charred. Remove and keep warm.
- Toss warm pasta with basil oil, salt and pepper and divide among eight shallow bowls.
- Top with cherry tomatoes and a spoonful of ricotta cheese. Garnish with thinly sliced basil.