Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 box Barilla® Gemelli
- 2 heads fennel sliced thin and roasted
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves black garlic sliced
- 1 Jar Barilla® Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese grated
- Pre-heat Oven to 400°F.
- Toss fennel with 2 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast on a sheet tray until slightly brown and soft.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. In a large skillet, sauté sliced black garlic in olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add roasted fennel and sauté for 1 minute. Add tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid and then adding the liquid to the sauce.
- Add pasta to sauce and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and add cheese. Toss well.