- TOTAL FAT
- TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Cellentani pasta
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, if desired
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Corn starch
- 2 tbs Water
- ½ cup, grated Parmigiano
- Salt to taste
Alfredo Sauce ProcedureBring milk and cream to boil, lower the heat and add garlic powder. Meanwhile dilute corn starch with water, add to the sauce along with salt, whisk well and simmer for two minutes. Turn off heat, stir in cheese.
- Thinly slice half the jalapeño pepper; finely chop the remaining half.
- To a small saucepan add the Creamy Alfredo sauce, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and the chopped jalapeño; warm over low, stirring frequently.
- In a large pot bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add salt to taste and the Cellentani pasta; stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli for the last 4 minutes of cooking time; remove from heat and drain well, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Return pasta and broccoli to pot.
- Stir the Creamy Alfredo mixture into the pasta mixture in the pot. If needed, stir in up to 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water to reach desired consistency; serve topped with jalapeño slices.
- Customize it: Looking for a kid-friendly version of this dish? Just eliminate the jalapeño (or stir it in after you dish up the kids’ portions).