Savory sweet tomato sauce with beautifully dry cured prosciutto, asparagus, and creamy ricotta cheese are folded into Barilla's perfectly al dente jumbo pasta shells. This stuffed shells recipe is perfect to share with family and friends – especially for the holidays!
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 3/4 box of Barilla® Jumbo Shells
- 1 jar of Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 9 ounces of frozen asparagus, chopped and cooked
- 1 1/2 cup prosciutto, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse cooked shells under cold water and drain.
- Cover and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, asparagus, prosciutto, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper in medium bowl.
- Pour 1 cup of sauce into 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Fill each shell with one heaping tablespoon of filling, place in baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over shells.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.