Barilla® Large Shells
with Vegetables & Ricotta Cheese
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 box Barilla® Large Shells
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, sliced
- 2 artichoke hearts, sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shredded
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2In a large skillet, heat olive oil and sauté onion for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 additional minute.
3Add zucchini, asparagus and artichokes. Season with salt and pepper and sauté until cooked through.
4Then add the ricotta cheese and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook 1 additional minute.
5Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Add water to the sauce.
6Toss pasta with the sauce. Top with cheese and serve.