Zucchini Pesto Pasta Recipe with Linguine
Need an easy pesto pasta? This pesto linguine recipe delivers just that! Packed with zucchini, this dish has plenty of green flavor.
Zucchini Linguine Green Pesto PastaThis tongue twister linguine recipe is a zucchini pesto you can count on! With flavor enhanced with fresh garlic, onions, and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, al dente linguine comes together with sliced zucchini and our traditional rustic basil pesto for an unforgettable collection of fresh and earthy tastes. Try this zucchini pesto pasta and you won't soon forget it!
- Total fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Linguine
- 1 jar Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 cups (1 pound) zucchini, sliced and quartered
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, thinly sliced, not grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add, onion and sauté for 3-4 minute or until tender.
- Add garlic and zucchini, sauté for 2 minutes then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the linguine according to the directions, reserve ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Drain the linguine and combine with the zucchini.
- Add the pesto and ½ cup cooking water and stir to combine.
- Remove the zucchini pesto pasta from the heat and garnish with cheese.