Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups apples, peeled, diced ½ inch
- 3 cups pumpkin*, peeled, diced ½ inch
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, ½ inch strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 small goat cheese log
*can substitute butternut squash
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In mixing bowl combine olive oil, apples, pumpkin, thyme and bacon lardoons.
- Place on nonstick baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until apples are caramelized and pumpkin is soft.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water. Place pasta and pasta water back in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add apple mixture, scrapping all ingredients from baking sheet into pasta. Toss and heat through, season to taste.
- Place in eight bowls and top with toasted pumpkin seeds and cheese.