This recipe highlights seasonally relevant autumnal ingredients. Delicious Barilla Linguine pasta is tossed with roasted pumpkin and apples, thick cut bacon, and is topped with creamy goat cheese and toasted pumpkin seeds for the perfect crunch!
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups apples, peeled, diced ½ inch
- 3 cups pumpkin*, peeled, diced ½ inch
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, ½ inch strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 small goat cheese log
*can substitute butternut squash
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In mixing bowl combine olive oil, apples, pumpkin, thyme and bacon lardoons.
- Place on nonstick baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until apples are caramelized and pumpkin is soft.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water. Place pasta and pasta water back in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add apple mixture, scrapping all ingredients from baking sheet into pasta. Toss and heat through, season to taste.
- Place in eight bowls and top with toasted pumpkin seeds and cheese.