with Caramelized Apple, Pumpkin & Bacon
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups apples, peeled, diced ½ inch
- 3 cups pumpkin*, peeled, diced ½ inch
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, ½ inch strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 small goat cheese log
*can substitute butternut squash
1Preheat oven to 425° F.
2In mixing bowl combine olive oil, apples, pumpkin, thyme and bacon lardoons.
3Place on nonstick baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until apples are caramelized and pumpkin is soft.
4Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water. Place pasta and pasta water back in saucepan over medium heat.
5Add apple mixture, scrapping all ingredients from baking sheet into pasta. Toss and heat through, season to taste.
6Place in eight bowls and top with toasted pumpkin seeds and cheese.