Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Linguine
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups leeks, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 dozen little neck clams
- ½ cup White wine
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter Salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt to taste.
- In a large skillet sauté leeks in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat for 5 minutes, stir in paprika; set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil and garlic to the skillet; sauté 1 minute.
- Add clams, wine and bay leaf; cover and cook until clams are open, about 4 minutes. Discard any unopened clams.
- Remove clam shells and return clams to the pan and add sautéed leeks.
- Cook pasta 2 minutes less than package directions.
- Drain pasta, reserving about 1 ½ cups of the cooking water.
- Toss pasta in the skillet with the leeks and clams.
- Add parsley and a few ladles of the reserved cooking water.
- Continue cooking pasta and sauce mixture until sauce has thickened.
- Stir in butter before serving.