Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Linguine
- 2 pounds Fresh Littleneck Clams
- 2 cloves Garlic, Sliced Thin
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 cups Dry White Wine
- 3 Medium Leeks, Sliced Thin
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons Fresh Italian Parsley, Chopped
- Soak clams in water for one hour with sea salt. Rinse well.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Sauté garlic over medium heat in a large skillet with olive oil. Add clams, bay leaf, and wine.
- Cover and cook until clams open. Discard half of the shells. Pour cooking juice in a measuring cup and let it sit until the sediment falls to the bottom. Filter the juice through a cheese cloth.
- Sauté leeks in a separate small skillet with butter for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add leeks to skillet with clams and simmer one minute. Set aside.
- Cook pasta two minutes less than the recommended cooking time. Drain, reserving 2 cups of the pasta cooking water.
- Add hot pasta to clam and leek mixture, heat 1-2 minutes, adding the pasta cooking water to thin sauce if desired. Finish with chopped parsley.