Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Mezze Penne
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
- 2 Medium Zucchini, Diced
- 2 tablespoons Shallots, Minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
- 1 sprig Fresh Thyme
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth, Divided
- 1/4 cup Romano Cheese, Grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Divide 1/4 cup of olive oil between 2 large skillets. Heat olive oil in skillets over medium heat.
- Sauté zucchini and shallots in one skillet for 3 minutes; add 1/2 cup vegetable broth and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Sauté peppers and thyme in the other skillet for 3 minutes; add 1/2 cup vegetable broth and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Remove both skillets from heat. Set aside.
- Add Mezze Penne to boiling water; cook according to package directions.
- Drain Mezze Penne; immediately add to sauce. Mix well.
- Transfer to a serving platter or bowl and serve. Sprinkle with Romano cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.