Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Mezzi Rigatoni
- 1 jar Barilla® Basil Pesto
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced into rounds
- 2 cups butternut squash, small diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, meanwhile in a large skillet sauté leeks in olive oil for three minutes.
- Add squash and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions reserving ½ cup of cooking water.
- Drain and toss pasta with the sauce and cooking water then cook until the sauce has thickened, about 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from the heat and fold in the pesto and cheese.