Barilla® Mezzi Rigatoni with Pesto, Leeks & Squash
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Mezzi Rigatoni
- 1 jar Barilla® Traditional Basil Pesto
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced into rounds
- 2 cups butternut squash, small diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil, meanwhile in a large skillet sauté leeks in olive oil for three minutes.
2Add squash and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned then season with salt and pepper.
3Cook pasta according to package directions reserving ½ cup of cooking water.
4Drain and toss pasta with the sauce and cooking water then cook until the sauce has thickened, about 1 minute.
5Remove skillet from the heat and fold in the pesto and cheese.