Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Mini Farfalle
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups Butternut Squash, Diced
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1 pound Fresh Tomato
- 6 leaves Fresh Basil, Torn
- Remove core from tomatoes. In a medium sauce pan of boiling water, blanch tomatoes. Transfer tomatoes to an ice bath.
- Once the tomatoes are cool, peel, cut and remove the seeds. Cut tomatoes into small dices. This should yield about 2 cups.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add olive oil and diced butternut squash to a medium skillet. Sauté for 2 minutes until warm.
- Add milk and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer for about 7 minutes until butternut squash is soft.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Add tomatoes to sauce, season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Drain and toss pasta with sauce. Finish with basil and serve.