Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Mini Farfalle
- 1 small red onion
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and chop the onion. Peel garlic. Wash tomatoes, peel, seed and cut them into 1/4-inch dice.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté garlic and onion. When golden, discard garlic and add tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the tomatoes have dissolved into a sauce.
- Boil pasta in plenty of salted water according to package directions. Drain and toss with tomato sauce.
- Tear basil leaves by hand and sprinkle over the pasta. Drizzle with olive oil, if desired.