Barilla® Mini Penne
with Ham, Peas & Creamy Parmigiano Cheese Sauce
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Mini Penne
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 ounces Cooked Ham, Diced
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1/4 cup Fresh Chives, Minced
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, Grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat olive oil and ham in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté for 2 minutes or until the ham is starting to brown. ADD milk, bring to a boil and simmer for 7 minutes, or until reduced by half, stirring constantly.
- Add peas, and continue to simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and toss pasta with the sauce; season with salt and pepper.
- Finish sauce with chives and cheese. Serve immediately.