Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Mini Penne
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Italian Sausage, Casing Removed
- 1/2 Medium Eggplant, Diced, Peeled
- 1 pint Grape Tomato, Halved
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, Grated
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Crumble sausage into the pan and sauté until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggplant and sauté until slightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the Mini Penne according to the directions on the package.
- Add the grape tomatoes, salt and pepper. Continue to sauté until the tomatoes are blistered and warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Drain and add the pasta to the sauce; toss and finish with the cheese.