Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Mostaccioli
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cups Red Onions, Sliced Thin
- 28-ounces Peeled San Marzano Plum Tomatoes, Canned
- 12 leaves Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 1/3 cup Smoked Mozzarella Cheese, Cubed
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over low heat. Sauté onions for about 15 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Add Mostaccioli to boiling water. Cook according to package directions.
- Heat sauce through while pasta is cooking.
- Drain pasta. Immediately add hot pasta to sauce.
- Add basil and smoked mozzarella cheese. Mix well.