Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Mostaccioli
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced on a bias
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 ounces wild smoked salmon, julienned
- 10 chives cut ½ inch slices
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, sauté shallots with olive oil for three minutes over medium heat.
- Add asparagus and keep cooking over high heat for two minutes.
- Deglaze with wine, reduce by half and add cream, salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce and smoked salmon.
Garnish with chives before serving.