Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Mostaccioli
- 4 tbs, divided Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup, diced Yellow onion
- ½ cup, diced Red bell pepper
- ½ cup, diced Yellow red pepper
- ½ cup, diced Green bell pepper
- 1 diced Eggplant
- 1 28 oz can Italian style tomato
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- ½ cup, Grated Romano cheese
- ½ cup, Basil, thick julienne
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place a pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile in a skillet sauté onion, pepper and eggplant for five minutes, add tomato sauce, one cup of pasta cooking water, season with salt and pepper and bring to boil.
- Stir in ricotta and simmer for five minutes.
- Drain and toss pasta with sauce, finish with Romano cheese and fresh basil before serving.