Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Mostacciolli
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 2 cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 2 Fennel Bulbs, Top Removed And Saved, Cut Into ¼-Inch Strips
- 3/4 cup Breadcrumbs, Toasted
- 1 tablespoon Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint, Lightly Packed
- 10 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 cup Romano Cheese, Freshly Grated
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Heat 6 tablespoons olive oil in a 12- to 14-inch sauté pan until smoking.
- Add garlic and fennel; cook, stirring frequently, until light golden brown and quite soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes and continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cook Mostaccioli according to package directions and drain well.
- Pour hot Mostaccioli into the pan; add mint (optional) and ½ cup breadcrumbs. Toss to mix well.
- Transfer to a warm serving dish, sprinkle with the remaining breadcrumbs and fennel tops.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and serve with grated cheese on the side.