and Wild Rice Salad with Crunchy Vegetables and fresh Alfalfa Sprouts
Ingredients 4 Servings
- ½ box, Barilla® Orzo [cooked 1 minute less, tossed with little oil, cold]
- 2 cups cooked Wild Rice
- 1 cup Celery, diced raw
- 1 cup Carrots, diced
- 1 cup Vidalia Onion, diced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 5 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tbs Pomegranate Seeds
- ½ cup Alfalfa Sprouts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook both orzo and rice separately, drain and cool down.
- Meanwhile onion medium-high heat for two minutes, add carrots , sauté one more minute, season with salt and pepper and cool down as quick as possible.
- Toss all veggies with rice, pasta, olive oil and lemon. Top with pomegranate seeds and alfalfa sprouts before serving.