Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Orzo pasta
- 1 jar Barilla® Spicy Marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ 14-ounce package smoked sausage, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1In a very large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, onion, red pepper, garlic, and Creole seasoning; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender.
2Add broth and sauce. Bring to a boil. Add pasta to skillet and stir until well combined. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed and pasta is nearly tender.
3Stir in the shrimp. Cook, covered, 3 to 5 minutes more or until shrimp are opaque. Spoon into bowls and top with chopped fresh parsley.