One Pot Pasta with Asparagus, Pesto & Burrata Cheese
This quick and easy one pot meal features Barilla Cellentani Pasta.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Cellentani pasta
- 1½ cups Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces, ends discarded
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 8-ounce Burrata cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallot and sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 30 more seconds until fragrant.
- Add pasta to the pot along with chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium/low. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring every 1-2 minutes. Add asparagus and continue to cook until pasta is al dente, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Turn off the heat. Stir in pesto, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Transfer the pasta to a serving plate, and top with dollops of cheese. Cut into a few pieces of the cheese and drizzle the cheese with olive oil. Serve immediately.