- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Orzo
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts, divided
- 1 small bunch basil
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 2 balls fresh mozzarella, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, season with salt.
- Cook pasta 1 minute under required cooking time, drain and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Place on sheet tray to cool down.
- In a blender combine: garlic, half of the pine nuts, and basil, pulse for a few seconds.
- Slowly drizzle in remaining olive oil to emulsify the pesto.
- Add half the Parmigiano and pulse, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine, pesto and pasta and stir to incorporate.
- Fold in remaining cheeses, cherry tomatoes and pine nuts.