Barilla® Oven-Ready Lasagna with Chicken & Spinach
- 1 box Barilla® Oven-Ready Lasagne
- 5 cups whole milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 bag (6 oz.) fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
1To prepare the Béchamel:
- In a medium sauce pan bring milk to a simmer.
- Meanwhile in another medium sauce pan, melt butter and whisk in the flour to form a roux, cook for 1 minute over a low flame.
- Once the milk is simmering, add the milk to the roux and whisk frequently until the sauce is thick, season with salt and pepper to taste.
2To prepare the filling:
- In a large skillet saute garlic in olive oil for 1-2 minutes over medium heat, add the ground chicken breast and cook over high heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Add the spinach and sauté for 2 minutes and season with salt and pepper, set aside to cool down.
3Preheat the oven to 400° F. In a 13 x 9 inch baking dish pour 1 ladle of béchamel and top with 3 sheets of lasagne.
4Top the lasagne sheets with another ladle of béchamel and ¼ cup of the chicken and spinach mixture, sprinkle each layer with Parmigiano cheese.
5Continue until you have 5 layers. Top the lasagne with the remaining Parmigiano cheese.
6Bake covered with foil for 15-20 minutes, then remove the foil and let the top brown for approximately 5 minutes. Serve warm.