White Lasagna Recipe with Kale, Mushrooms & Béchamel Sauce
A delicious, meatless lasagne recipe with white sauce and veggies.
- 69 g
- 45 g
- 55 g
Ingredients for 12 people
- 1 box Barilla® Oven-Ready Lasagne
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 15 ounces Ricotta cheese
- 1 small bunch kale, cleaned and stemmed
- 4 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated, divided
- 8 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
1To prepare Béchamel sauce:
- Bring milk to a simmer in a large pot.
- Melt butter in a separate large pot and mix in flour.
- Cook butter and flour until mixture is a golden color and smells nutty.
- Add milk slowly to the flour mixture; stir frequently and cook for 20 minutes. Season with salt and white pepper. Stir in ½ cup Parmigiano cheese.
2Preheat oven to 375° F. In a medium skillet, sauté garlic in olive oil until slightly yellow. Add sliced mushrooms and cook until tender. Add kale, salt and pepper; cook until kale is wilted down. Allow to cool down, then combine with the ricotta cheese.
3In a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, pour 1 ladle of the béchamel sauce. Layer 3 lasagne sheets and spread a layer of the ricotta and kale mixture. Pour another ladle of béchamel on top and continue to repeat the layering process for a total of 5 layers. Sprinkle Parmigiano cheese on top layer.
4Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes to brown the top layer. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.