- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 12 people
- 1 box Barilla® Oven-Ready Lasagne
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced half-moon shape
- 3 cups asparagus, sliced on the bias (diagonal)
- 1 pint cherry tomato, cut in half
- 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 ½ cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
Prepare the vegetables:
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet with the whole garlic clove.
- Sauté the zucchini, asparagus, and broccoli until they are cooked but still crunchy; add the cherry tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 additional minutes. Set aside.
Prepare the Béchamel sauce:
- Bring the milk to a boil.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a separate saucepan.
- Add the flour to the melted butter and cook for 3 minutes, until golden yellow and gives off a nutty aroma.
- Stir the boiling milk into the butter and flour mixture; whisk and cook continuously for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and half the Parmigiano cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Assemble the lasagne beginning with a layer of béchamel sauce, followed by a sheet of lasagne and a layer of vegetables. Continue layering for a total of 4 layers. Sprinkle top layer with remaining Parmigiano cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then let stand for 5 minutes before serving.