- 1 box Barilla® Oven-Ready Lasagne
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 jars Barilla® Traditional Sauce
- 1 16-ounce bag shredded mozzarella, divided
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 fresh basil leaves, cut julienne
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet sauté ground beef in olive oil until browned and crumbled. Add sauce and 2 cups of water, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish, pour in 1 ½ cups of the meat sauce, top with 3 sheets of lasagne. The sheets will expand while baking to the ends of the dish.
- Top the next layer with 1 ½ cups of meat sauce, 4-ounces of cheese and some basil. Continue the same procedure for 3 more layers, but do not put cheese on the top layer.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, remove the foil and top with the remaining cheese. Place back into the oven and let cheese melt. Remove lasagne, then top with basil then let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.