- Total fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 12 people
- 1 box Barilla® Oven-Ready Lasagne
- 1 jar Barilla® Marinara Sauce
- 1 quart milk
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated and divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat milk in a medium sized pot.
- At the same time, in another similar sized pot, melt the butter and whisk in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk the warm milk into the roux, bring to a simmer and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Meanwhile, cook the beef until slightly brown, add the marinara sauce and 1/2 jar of water, season with salt and black pepper and simmer until it is reduced in a large nonstick skillet.
- Spray a 13x9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- On the bottom of the pan, place 1/6 of the béchamel sauce and cover with 3 sheets of no-boil lasagne.
- Top with 1/6 of the béchamel and 1/5 of the meat sauce and continue alternating with the lasagne sheets for 4 more layers.
- The final layer should be béchamel topped with sauce and the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes covered with foil, then uncovered for five more minutes or until the corners are brown and bubbling.