Ingredients for 12 people
- 1 box Barilla® Oven-Ready Lasagne
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 4 leeks, cut small
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cups Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
1Crumble sausage in a large skillet with the olive oil and brown for 5 minutes. Add leeks and cook 5 additional minutes. Set aside.
2Prepare the Béchamel:
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Bring the milk to boil in a separate saucepan.
- Add milk to the butter and flour mixture.
- Simmer for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
3Combine the sausage and leek mixture with the béchamel sauce. Season mixture with salt and black pepper to taste.
4Preheat oven to 350° F.
5Place one ladle of béchamel sauce on the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Build a total of 4 layers using 4 sheets of lasagne and 1/4 of the sauce mixture for each layer. End with the sauce on the top layer. Sprinkle top layer with Parmigiano cheese.
6Bake covered in foil for 30 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.