- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 12 people
- 1 box Barilla® Oven-Ready Lasagne
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 4 leeks, cut small
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cups Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Crumble sausage in a large skillet with the olive oil and brown for 5 minutes. Add leeks and cook 5 additional minutes. Set aside.
Prepare the Béchamel:
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Bring the milk to boil in a separate saucepan.
- Add milk to the butter and flour mixture.
- Simmer for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Combine the sausage and leek mixture with the béchamel sauce. Season mixture with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place one ladle of béchamel sauce on the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Build a total of 4 layers using 4 sheets of lasagne and 1/4 of the sauce mixture for each layer. End with the sauce on the top layer. Sprinkle top layer with Parmigiano cheese.
- Bake covered in foil for 30 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.