Sharing a plate of Barilla® pasta is a sign of love. Show how you care with this special authentic Italian recipe!
Ingredients 2 Servings
- 6 ounces Barilla® Penne
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons anchovy fillets, pounded in a mortar with a pestle
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons black olives, pitted and halved
- 1 cup tomatoes, peeled, and halved
- Basil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Heat a large saucepan, add olive oil, garlic and pounded anchovies.
- When the garlic starts to turn brown and the anchovies have dissolved, add olives, capers and tomatoes.
- Cook over high heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring continuously.
- In a separate large pot, cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain pasta reserving about a cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Add pasta to tomato sauce mixture and toss until coated.
Remove from the heat, sprinkle with small basil leaves and serve.