Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive
- ½ cup bacon (or pancetta), cut into thin strips
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash, diced ½ inch cubes, remove skin & seeds
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- A few drops of aged traditional balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crispy and reserve on the side.
- In the same skillet sauté garlic, leek and rosemary in olive oil for several minutes then add squash and broth and simmer until squash is cooked through.
- Season with salt, pepper, and process ½ of the squash mixture in a blender until creamy.
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Combine puree and remaining squash mixture then add pasta and gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with bacon and parsley.
- Sprinkle with a few drops of balsamic vinegar before serving.